Welcome to the UPFI Website
Urban Poor Fund International
The Urban Poor Fund International is a subsidiary of Shack / Slum Dwellers International that provides capital to member national urban poor funds. The Fund is established on the proposition that the poor are central actors in urban development and poverty eradication and are best able to decide and co-manage their own urban improvement programs. Giving the poor direct control of capital enables them to negotiate with formal bodies such as government and banks.
Key Focus AreasView Our Focus Areas >>
- RT @agenda21culture: Sheela Patel, @sdinet founder,will be in the #CultureSummit discussing with other Civil Society Networks about buildi…
- #GlobalPovertyFighter https://t.co/2d7U6B1q4X
- RT @perryworldhouse: Jockin Arputham of @sdinet discusses the impact of inequality in India & how informal settlements shape society & oppo…
- RT @justempower: Alternatives to evictions: community-led affordable housing, case studies from Kenya & Cameroon @NaijaFederation https://t…
- RT @andrewmaki: "supporting pple in informal settlements to build houses is most effective way to build adequate housing" @sdinet https:/…
- Change is coming. Watch this space. #GlobalPovertyFighter #GPF https://t.co/WQFdhUz0AM
- RT @SASDIAlliance: "After no income, I saved w FEDUP&got a loan to sell small things - now look at my business" #Joburg @sdinet @IIED @Dian…
- RT @justempower: High Court finds Ambode's forceful eviction of #OtodoGbame 'undermines democracy and rule of law.' RULING HERE: https://t.…
- RT @justempower: HAPPENING NOW: #OtodoGbame evictees continue protest at Lagos State Govt now. Met police, teargas & beatings before reachi…
- @MailChimpStatus No, then it works. What does that mean?
- @MailChimpStatus Receiving 403 Forbidden message when trying to access https://t.co/TdxdA7olhY from South Africa. Any idea why?
Featured ProjectsView All Our Projects >>
Jan. 11, 2016, 11:01 a.m.
Construction of a community hall with water tanks and running water, in George Compound, Lusaka.Read more >
Oct. 13, 2015, 10:52 a.m.
Incremental housing construction in settlements across Namibia.Read more >
June 7, 2016, 11:23 a.m.
Upgrading of water and sanitation facilities in settlements in Dar es Salaam.Read more >
Dec. 14, 2015, 11:58 a.m.
Construction of ecosan toilets in houses in Lilongwe.Read more >