Welcome to the UPFI Website
Urban Poor Fund International
The Urban Poor Fund International is a subsidiary of Shack / Slum Dwellers International that provides capital to member national urban poor funds. The Fund is established on the proposition that the poor are central actors in urban development and poverty eradication and are best able to decide and co-manage their own urban improvement programs. Giving the poor direct control of capital enables them to negotiate with formal bodies such as government and banks.
Key Focus AreasView Our Focus Areas >>
- On our last day in #Sweden, SDI traveled to #Malmo to meet w @mkbfastighet public housing company & @yallatrappan,… https://t.co/VpLvuBzxs6
- Meeting @yallatrappan - a social enterprise initiative for women living in the neighborhood of Rosengard, Malmo - a… https://t.co/83YVGKVTIb
- In #CapeTown's Ruo Emoh community, solar panels are being installed on rooftops, providing #green & #sustainable… https://t.co/vXfwtIxk7t
- Today at SDI's Joint Partner Consultation, we reflected on successes & challenges of the past year followed by drin… https://t.co/qoeyRodFg2
- Local authorities have a key role to play in delivering the #SDGs. They must work with communities to finance and d… https://t.co/8XNJNmNETL
- The #Senegal federation recently launched a building materials centre, making bricks for housing improvements. Comp… https://t.co/wTW9XX9014
- From urban infrastructure investment to climate finance to anti-corruption measures to a new Goodwill Ambassador, t… https://t.co/zEexNITYbP
- RT @FLON_Namibia: News from Stockholm, Sweden: @sdinet has appointed FLON as its Goodwill Ambassador. https://t.co/LCOGXt2upR
- A highlight of the week: @FLON_Namibia, Madame Monica Geingos, joins SDI as our Goodwill Ambassador.… https://t.co/79LC1DAkMh
- #UrbanPovertyFighters on the #Stockholm #tunnelbana! @SASDIAlliance @ShelterDialogue https://t.co/SkKO4cNLPn
- "How can climate finance support community-driven urban development and secure climate-friendly informal settlement… https://t.co/n721MrysG0
Featured ProjectsView All Our Projects >>
Jan. 11, 2016, 11:01 a.m.
Construction of a community hall with water tanks and running water, in George Compound, Lusaka.Read more >
Oct. 13, 2015, 10:52 a.m.
Incremental housing construction in settlements across Namibia.Read more >
June 7, 2016, 11:23 a.m.
Upgrading of water and sanitation facilities in settlements in Dar es Salaam.Read more >
Oct. 3, 2017, 1:07 p.m.
Construction of ecosan toilets in houses in Lilongwe.Read more >