Welcome to the UPFI Website
Urban Poor Fund International
The Urban Poor Fund International is a subsidiary of Shack / Slum Dwellers International that provides capital to member national urban poor funds. The Fund is established on the proposition that the poor are central actors in urban development and poverty eradication and are best able to decide and co-manage their own urban improvement programs. Giving the poor direct control of capital enables them to negotiate with formal bodies such as government and banks.
Key Focus AreasView Our Focus Areas >>
- RT @justempower: Congrats to @justempower's @OhTimehin who is speaking at @TEDTalks global next month on #OtodoGbame #InclusiveLagos! https…
- RT @NaijaFederation: Work continuing on first biofil toilet in Nigeria, built by @NaijaFederation in Daramola Abete community, Lagos #Sanit…
- RT @WRIcities: "Poor people end up paying 3-4x more for basic services" -Sheela Patel @sdinet on the #housing crisis #citiesforall https://…
- RT @Shuunyuni_World: @sdinet @SASDIAlliance @DianaMitlin @BethChit https://t.co/5nN67M6HM8
- RT @Shuunyuni_World: Information for Transformation https://t.co/LcH3RWeLZO via @YouTube edited version... Gobabis Video @sdinet
- RT @SASDIAlliance: Federation savers in #SouthAfrica, and #Ghana experimenting with a #narrativedata collection approach called #SenseMaker…
- RT @SASDIAlliance: The importance of saving: the pillow maker in Samora, Cape Town @sdinet @IsandlaInst @WIEGOGLOBAL @sjcoalition https:/…
- RT @justempower: #biofil composting toilet design learned from Ugandan Federation @ACTogetherUG during @sdinet exchange to Kampala https://…
- RT @justempower: @NaijaFederation breaks ground on their first built project, a #biofil community toilet in #Daramola community! @sdinet @F…
- RT @Wanavijiji: We've just launched our new website! Check it out! https://t.co/GerXVpViU0
- RT @Shuunyuni_World: 2nd annual buy a brick handover @sdinet https://t.co/BUDx7iG5vX
Featured ProjectsView All Our Projects >>
Jan. 11, 2016, 11:01 a.m.
Construction of a community hall with water tanks and running water, in George Compound, Lusaka.Read more >
Oct. 13, 2015, 10:52 a.m.
Incremental housing construction in settlements across Namibia.Read more >
June 7, 2016, 11:23 a.m.
Upgrading of water and sanitation facilities in settlements in Dar es Salaam.Read more >
Dec. 14, 2015, 11:58 a.m.
Construction of ecosan toilets in houses in Lilongwe.Read more >