Welcome to the UPFI Website
Urban Poor Fund International
The Urban Poor Fund International is a subsidiary of Shack / Slum Dwellers International that provides capital to member national urban poor funds. The Fund is established on the proposition that the poor are central actors in urban development and poverty eradication and are best able to decide and co-manage their own urban improvement programs. Giving the poor direct control of capital enables them to negotiate with formal bodies such as government and banks.
Key Focus AreasView Our Focus Areas >>
- RT @justempower: FULL house for @NaijaFederation bi-weekly general mtg, 20 communities present, translation in 4 languages, prep for West A…
- RT @BangkokDi: Do you https://t.co/XdoSaDSySF? A treasure trove of settlement level data, collected by communities themselves, at your fing…
- RT @V_Olivotto: @sdinet citizen-led data collection is now a platform and the model may now be tested in California! https://t.co/zqR0Z5zf0I
- RT @SASDIAlliance: What does it mean to "Know Your City" in South Africa? https://t.co/IjhsdJ5aAY @LindiweSisuluSA @sdinet @sjcoalition @St…
- RT @NaijaFederation: Community #biofil composting toilet in #Orisunmibare = community-led upgrading #Lagos @justempower @sdinet @meetraym…
- RT @jasoncorburn: Great exchange & workshop @SASDIAlliance @sdinet @Wanavijiji @SPARCIndia2 @YouthUpRising @RYSEyouthcenter @IURDBerkeley h…
- RT @inukaangaza: Today we were able to celebrate Peace Week by painting a wall in Mukuru, part of a global peace campaign #WallsOfConnectio…
- Inga Boye, from SDI #Namibia, will speak about the power of community-collected data on slums to partner for change… https://t.co/SgCwXl7OSE
- Thanks for the mention! Check out https://t.co/VELEaC1Mvk home of SDI's community-collected data on slums.… https://t.co/1khIIym0SW
- RT @GUFPMilano: Achilles opening remarks for @sdinet event at @TheNewSchool https://t.co/IEMC8SrVNz
- @sdinet & @ACHRSec come together towards common goal: Make urban poor central to transformation of Asian slums. https://t.co/mdIuwZKrh4
Featured ProjectsView All Our Projects >>
Jan. 11, 2016, 11:01 a.m.
Construction of a community hall with water tanks and running water, in George Compound, Lusaka.Read more >
Oct. 13, 2015, 10:52 a.m.
Incremental housing construction in settlements across Namibia.Read more >
June 7, 2016, 11:23 a.m.
Upgrading of water and sanitation facilities in settlements in Dar es Salaam.Read more >
Dec. 14, 2015, 11:58 a.m.
Construction of ecosan toilets in houses in Lilongwe.Read more >